Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: District Manager
Location: London, ON
- We are currently seeking a District Manager based out of London, ON.
- The successful candidate will oversee multiple food service operations at Chartwells College and University accounts in London, Windsor, Sarnia, Kitchener and Waterloo.
- This position will report to the Regional Vice President of Chartwells and direct General Managers, Food Service Directors and Managers within the district.
- Responsible for the effective management and profitability of assigned accounts
- Maximize your district revenue growth
- Promote, monitor and ensure company performance standard
- Develop and manage an effective network of client contacts
- Maintain excellent client relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction that support account retention
- Work with various national brands to maximize sales opportunities and margins in operations
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 5 to 10 years of food service management experience in a multi-unit dining and retail food service setting
- Possess a degree or diploma in Hospitality or Food Service Management or Business Management studies
- Proven history of satisfactory, sustainable performance in positions with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic contributor to the overall direction and growth of the company
- Passionate and results oriented individual with a demonstrated record of success and excellent work ethic
- A creative forward thinker and staying abreast of the trends of the food service industry that allows you to meet and anticipate the future needs of your clients
- Strong business acumen as well as a creative entrepreneurial mindset
- Good interpersonal and client relationships building skills
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Willing to travel 65 to 70%
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Related food service management experience in a College, University or similar environment
- Experience managing in a unionized experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.