Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Executive Chef
Location: Calgary AB
- Compass Group Canada is growing again!
- We are actively searching for an Executive Chef for our Calgary Downtown location
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of this private client service unit
- Position reports to the Food Service Director
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure catering food execution is flawless
- Develop positive client relationships and ensure overall client satisfaction with service and menu options are achieved
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest trends / cutting edge cooking while following Healthy Eating Guidelines as specified
- Follow all H & S policies and regulations as well as HACCP
- Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace incident to the Food Service Director or designate
Required (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Red Seal – Journeyman designation
- Proven experience in food service supervision/management
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A motivator, coach, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.