Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - General Manager
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position Title: Remote Camp – General Manager
Location of Work: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotations: 20 days on, 8 days off or 10 days on, 4 days off
This position exists to provide direction for the safe and efficient operation of ESS business activities within the remote camp. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities are completed according to the Board’s policies and are aimed at the achievement of the organizations objectives.
- Provide leadership in financial planning, stewardship, analysis and forecasting
- Responsible for reviewing financial reports, recognizing variations and providing corrective actions to achieve budget
- Will be responsible for approximately $18,000,000 managed volume
- Responsible for 169 union hourly staff and 7 salaried staff (176 total)
- Ensure the control and effective utilization of ESS assets through immediate subordinates
- An excellent understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations and statutes as it relates to Occupational Health & Safety and an understanding of employment laws
- Assist in the development of the organization objectives and ensure plans of action are outlined
- Develop strategies on optimizing all aspects of the operation through the maximizing of revenues, marketing and services
- Ensure workforce is utilized to its highest potential
- Develop a solid communication link with staff and customers, using a positive favorable image
- Responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of the maintenance of all assets
- Ensure development requirements are identified and appropriate plans of actions are implemented to fulfill the needs
- Guide subordinates in the identification and achievement of the organizations goals and objectives
This position would report directly to the Regional Vice President of ESS Canada.
|Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Vocational Certificates related to the industry
- 5-10 years senior management experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Remote Camp environment ideally with multiple camps
- Significant experience in establishing, implementing and training Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Health, Food Safety/Quality Assurance policies and practices is required
- Hospitality services (e.g.: hotel, diners, food and beverage etc.)
- Knowledge of equipment and equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word)
- Working with clients, customers, stakeholders and political individuals
- Knowledge of building maintenance
- Leadership Skills
- Strong Marketing Skills
- Organizing, Planning and Administrative Skills
- Effective Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Proven Decision Making Ability
- Good Flexibility and Innovative Skills
Project Site Location: Syncrude, Bag 4022, Building 344, Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1Z1 Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent Position
Salary: $104,400.00 per year
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package
Head Office Address:
5560 Explorer Drive
Mississauga ON L4W 5M3
Job ID: 6698
Date of Job Posting: May 21, 2014
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.