||Remote Camp - Operations Manager (Kitimat, BC)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Operations Manager
Location: Kitimat, BC
Job Rotation: 28 days on, 14 days off
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager interested in working at one of the biggest Compass operated remote camps in British Columbia, located in Kitimat . In this camp, ESS provides lodging facilities, dining room services, recreational and leisure amenities to over 1000 residents..
The mandate of the Manager is to successfully coordinate and support all relevant activities of the site, and assist the General Manager in a relief capacity. The Operations Manager is required to have excellent Interpersonal Skills when dealing with a variety of contacts including the Client, ESS associates, residents and members of the public in general as it relates to the cleanliness and housekeeping operations of the facility, food and beverage operations, and recreational activities..
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling departmental manager’s and staff, resources and activities to meet established housekeeping standards and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Housekeeping Department, Food and Beverage Department, Recreation Department and Health and Safety Department.
In addition the Operations Manager:
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for Personnel Management Functions of the department by utilizing support departments such as Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety. Personnel Management includes new associate interviews, selection, hiring, evaluation and on occasion termination in accordance with Compass Standards, Client Contract and applicable Union Collective Agreement.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for the Financial Management of the costs and expenses of the budget.
- Focuses on Quality Management to ensure both the standards in the Contract with the Client and Provincial Healthcare Standards on Quality in BC are met and maintained.
- Develops and follows appropriate policies, procedures, job routines to meet the needs of the site(s).
- Provides written and verbal reports on activities and statistics on a monthly basis.
- Conducts regular inventory of housekeeping supplies and order same, keeping costs in line with approved budgetary amounts.
- Schedules project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks
- Handles the upkeep and preventative maintenance of the equipment and assures a safe work environment for the staff
- Responds to concerns and request with a sense of urgency and take necessary corrective action including timely follow-up.
- Update and Create Procedures
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- At least five (5) years of management experience, preferably in a hospitality management housekeeping role
- Working knowledge of all housekeeping procedures and laundry management.
- Strong understanding of Infection Control practices and procedures
- Strong financial management abilities
- Great people management skills and labour relations experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Excellent customers and clients relationship skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills using email, excel, power point.
- Membership in a recognized Housekeeping Association an asset.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.