Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef (Corporate Executive Dining)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues in world-renowned museums in cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, Canada. We also cater to the unique sports and entertainment niche, operating in arenas servicing junior hockey across Canada, as well as other sporting facilities and auditoriums. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events. This diverse and dynamic sector is also proud to manage special events for the PGA and LPGA.
Position: Chef (Executive Dining)
Location: Toronto, ON
- We are currently seeking a hands-on, working Chef to manage our culinary operations with an Executive Dining facility and catering in downtown Toronto.
- Typical operations are Monday to Friday, however some flexibility is required for evening catering and special events.
With a “Can-Do” attitude and a “Passion For Excellence” the Chef is responsible for developing and maintaining high quality menus, consistent food quality and presentation for the executive dining facility and catering functions in addition to:
- Responsible for the financial success of the busy kitchen operation
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels (FIFO)
- Promote sustainable operations and initiatives
- Accountable for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Red Seal designation or equivalent experience
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Previous experience in a variety of culinary styles and variety (from casual to fine dining)
- Passion for customer service and satisfaction.
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control costs (food and labour) including strong business acumen
- Experience in managing general labour (unionized and non-unionized)
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- Detail-oriented and strong team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Red Seal culinary certification
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.