Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Port Perry & Bowmanville/ Durham Region
||Nutrition Services Manager (CSNM)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Nutrition Services Manager (CSNM)
Location: Oshawa, ON/Durham Region
We are looking for a dynamic and driven healthcare food service professional with solid management/supervisory experience to manage the Patient dietary operations at the Port Perry and Bowmanville locations.
Candidates must be current members of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers) and have proven Healthcare food services management experience.
With a “Can-Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence” the NSM ensures that superior quality and variety of food are delivered through a comprehensive Dietetic program with and focus on excellent customer service.
- Responsible for all phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- The Manager will manage a staff of 15-20 people and will provide on-going coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Responsible for ordering of all food and non-food supplies related to the food service operation and receiving, inventory control of supplies.
- Responsible to prepare and manage staff schedules within the Collective Agreement
- Ensures compliance with all Provincial Regulations i.e. Occupational health and Safety Committee, Ontario Labour Act, Union agreements, Human Rights Code, Public Health and other legislation pertinent to the operation of Food Services.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian as necessary on Clinical issues.
- Ensure compliance with Lakeridge Health and Compass Group standard
- Responsible for processing all invoices for the Food Service operation
- Works with the Director in budget development and maintains the approved budget.
- Supervises all aspects of food production and service of all meals and nourishment.
- Conducts a daily inspection of the kitchen and pantries to identify and resolve problem issues.
- Conducts regular meal service rounds completing applicable QA Audits
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and action plans for all food service quality assurance programs
- Responsible for monthly meetings and staff education sessions
- Ensures the development and adherence by staff to all cleaning schedules for the department.
This role oversees two separate locations, Port Perry and Bowmanvile
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great attitude!
- Current active membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers (CSNM).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a management or supervisory position within an acute care hospital
- Experience in budget and financial management as it relates to the operation of Food Service
- Working knowledge and understanding of therapeutic and textured modified diets
- Operational knowledge of Public Health regulations for all aspects of the department – Acute care environment
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, direct and lead staff within a team environment
- Good knowledge of computer applications related to CBORD, purchasing, financial management and payroll
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Graduate of a recognized Food Service Supervisory diploma course.
- A degree in dietetics, food service administration and management
- CBORD admin. experience
- Advanced Food Safety Training
- Experience managing in a union environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.