Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef (Western Fair London)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Location: Western Fair, London, ON
- We're looking for a highly organized Chef with a passion for quality to join our team at the dynamic Western Fair District complex in London, ON.
- The Chef works with our Executive Chef and supports overall culinary operations and food production for catering, concessions and special events, sports events, concerts and other shows at this popular and exciting, event-driven facility.
- Due to the nature of the complex, successful applicants must be able to work mostly evening and weekend shifts.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef,
- Oversees all kitchen and food production operations for events and service in addition to catering with a focus on presentation, quality, creativity and experience.
- Is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the unit, taking over the Executive Chef's duties in his / her absence
- Is involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Is accountable for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships and client satisfaction by providing excellent service and varied menu options.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Prepares catering for any special functions in the building (i.e. client functions, suite parties, etc.)
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- a Great Attitude!
- Red Seal culinary certification
- 5+ years related culinary supervisory experience in a fast paced production-oriented environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Demonstrated experience in menu creativity and presentation
- Motivated, hands-on professional with a passion for quality and service.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly-developed organizational skills to manage multiple kitchens, multiple events and catering functions.
- Previous supervision of small but efficient culinary staff in a high volume production facility
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required by the various events.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, high volume sports & entertainment facility.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.