Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||District Manager/Infection Control Consultant
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
Position: District Manager/Infection Control Consultant
Location: Vancouver, BC (PHSA & Coastal Health)
Overview: We are currently looking for a District Manager/Infection Control Consultant to work within our Compass Group Environmental Services division. The Environmental Services division provides integrated support services including laundry and housekeeping services to Health Care Facilities in Vancouver.
Directs and oversees the effective management and fiscal responsibility for Units within the Regional portfolio in compliance with existing legislation. This position oversees the operations of multiple Crothall units/accounts in the Vancouver area. The mandate is to deliver and cultivate exceptional quality and innovative attitudes and approaches to key clients in the healthcare field. The District Manager/Infection Control Consultant is responsible for effective management of assigned accounts, to promote, monitor and assure company performance standards.
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to unit operations to ensure Compass Canada/Crothall EVS (Environmental Services) operations are in compliance with current legislative, industry contract and company standards while developing future standards and SOPs
- Coordinate the Crothall infection control program
- Advise and consult with applicable personnel concerning precautions to be taken to protect Patients/residents, staff and other persons from contamination or infection
- Consult on Investigation processes for infection control
- Review reporting and record keeping of infections and contamination
- Review and advise on Infection Control staff education
- Provide expert clinical advice and leadership
- Actively promote strategies to raise awareness of infection control program
- Work with EVS managers in establishing priorities and QA (quality assurance) best practices, through the establishment of standards, training, operational procedures and audits tools.
- Evaluate, create and/or manage all Crothall Training and Development programs actively being used or developed for cost effectiveness and learning value and ensuring programs are current and modifying as necessary
- Conducts needs analysis, recommending and initiating improvements to existing Crothall training program
- Support on-site management personnel in the creation of programs and deliver training to staff, supervisors and management.
- Support new business activities in sales and diligence; including financial analysis, operational reviews, presentations, preparation of formal reports and proposals
- Drive the implementation of Crothall technical programs, tools and systems and champion innovation and best practices
- Become a market specialist and integral in talent acquisition, oversee technical orientation, professional development, industry networking and promote professionalism and ethical best practices
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Registered Nurse with current license from applicable licensing authority
- 4 years clinical experience in related discipline
- Results oriented person with 4 years clinical experience in a related discipline with a focus on in house training programs, program and policy development.
- CIC or Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control or equivalent
- Solid technical and operational experience in healthcare
- Previous experience developing and delivering training programs to groups of various sizes and learning styles
- Extensive knowledge of individual learning needs, instructional techniques and integrated methods of evaluation
- Excellent written, oral communication
- Superior organizational skills
- Computer literate, proficiency with mobile office tools including: laptop computers, cell phones, blackberry etc.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel over-night 10% of the time.
- Member of CHICA (Community and Hospital Infection Control Association) preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.