Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Catering Event Coordinator
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Catering Event Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
We're looking for an experienced professional Catering Event Coordinator
to join our Compass team at the Estates of Sunnybrook (www.estatesofsunnybrook.com
), to provide a comprehensive event planning service, organizing over 250 catering events annually.
With a “Can-Do
” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence
” our Catering Events Coordinator
works with the catering team and clients at the 'Estates', to plan and organize function details for large number of functions and events that vary seasonally typically in the social and corporate market segments.
- Answering and handling all inquiries related to special events and catering services.
- Meeting with the clients and confirming menus (food & beverage selection), room planning, design etc.
- Ensuring that that all client needs are taken care of and that all relevant communications are forwarded to the appropriate departments
- Attending specific events as necessary
- Following-up with clients post-function to ensure feedbck and a positive experience
- Hours for the position will vary and the position requires availability some evenings and weekends depending on the season.
- The Catering Events Coordinator reports to the General Manager.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3-5 years experience in catering and events coordinating.
- Solid knowledge of Social and Corporate markets
- Strong food and wine knowledge
- Good general culinary knowledge
- Proven negotiation and up-selling skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and presentation
- Superior client-relationship skills, including networking
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional / polished / passionate
- Multi-task / good time management skills
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule (weekend and night shifts required)
- Degree/diploma in Food & Beverage or Hospitality Management
- Previous reservation system experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.