Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Nova Scotia [NS]
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Catering Manager
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Catering Manager is:
- Responsible for supervising catering associates and functions
- Managing all aspects of catering services, including banquets, luncheons, coffee services, venue room and other various special functions
- Accountable for all booking, coordinating and following-up on all catering events
- Ensures specifications and requests of each catering event are communicated and executed down the channel effectively
- Ascertain good client relationship and guest satisfaction are maintained
- Involved in reviewing sales contracts, ensuring invoices are inputted correctly and reconciled if required
- Schedules and allocate staff, as well as prepare payroll information to be sent to head office
- Responsible for ascertaining new business and retaining existing business
The Catering Manager reports to the Food Service Director
Required (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years catering and management experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Great knowledge of a wide variety of event set-up and styles from small boardroom meetings to large upscale events
- Highly organized, with superior attention to detail
- Strong supervisory skills and capable to motivate, lead and develop staff
- Passion for customer service and client relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Great computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (ex. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work is required)
- Available to travel locally; must have access to a vehicle
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.