Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Office Administrator / Accounting Coordinator
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Office Administrator/Accounting Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON (Downtown)
- We have a full-time opportunity in an accounting support role at our food & beverage operating unit in downtown Toronto (Queen & Bay).
- This position reports to the Unit Controller and works with other finance staff, supporting them in all accounting and finance duties as outlined below.
- Due to the nature of the business at this location, shift flexibility (evenings and weekends) is required.
- The Office Administrator, prepares a variety of documents utilizing MS Office; sets up mail merges, creates spreadsheets, retrieves data, and creates queries and reports.
- Processing of purchase invoices and transfers
- Ensure timely submission of Sales and Purchasing figures
- Reporting (daily, weekly, period) of Sales & Purchasing figures using our online reporting tools (Orbit and CIMS)
- Prepare weekly/monthly financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with preparation of Periodic/Quarterly Financial Report.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Perform daily and monthly financial analysis of key performance indicators
- Manage Accounts Payable and ensure prompt and accurate processing.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage and process salary and hourly payroll. Including calculation of stat pay and processing of gratuities.
- Work with Operations to implement Inventory, Cash and Labour controls, as required.
- Liaise with O&B to ensure accurate invoicing of payroll and other charge backs, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- a Great Attitude!
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related studies
- Proven accounting experience and with solid analytical skills.
- Hard-working team player with a natural ability to multi-task amidst changing priorities
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and results-oriented with ability to function well with in a team.
- Proficiency with computers (MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook) etc.
- Able to work in a demanding, high-stress working environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the general public in a professional manner
- Previous experience with contract services and/or Food & Beverage industry.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.