Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Director of Operations (Bilingual)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Director of Operations (Bilingual)
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Provide leadership, direction and support to management teams in attaining financial and operational goals
- Assist in increasing revenue and profitability by developing budget forecasts and operation plans, assessing and analyzing operation capabilities, and ensuring adherence to budget
- Set standards and communicate goals, expectations and objectives to operations
- Attract, develop and retain associates. Responsible for hiring and scheduling staff
- Manage a team of 7+ supervisors/management (ie. Night Time Manager, Food Service Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Etc.)
- Provide a safe and supportive work environment
- Oversee labour relations process for unionized accounts as applicable by interacting with labour representatives, administering fair policy and procedures
- Representing Compass with HR Representative(s) during negotiations and approving contract
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications.)
- Must be Bilingual - fluent in both French and English (verbal and written)
- 5+ years at a management level in food service
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Significant experience in leading and managing people
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong budgetary and financial analysis skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.