Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Accommodations Manager (Newfoundland)
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp – Accommodations Manager
The corporate title of this position is Accommodations Manager.
Location: Hebron Camp, Newfoundland
Job Rotation: 20 days on and 8 days off with accommodations provided along with flight subsidies.
- Maintain a clean, neat appearance.
- Complete work and safety training requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Develops written project specific policies and procedures to ensure efficient and sustainable front desk operations.
· Ensure job specific and safety training of subordinate employees.
- Supervises staff to ensure the highest levels of customer service are maintained in all areas of responsibility in accordance with company, client, and guest expectations.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to company and client representatives, as required, while ensuring continuity that required all tasks are accomplished without error while the manager is off duty.
- Record and/or monitor staff hours of work on a daily basis to ensure compliance with budgets, and provide to payroll weekly.
- Ensure all health and safety are addressed and resolved promptly.
- If necessary conduct accident investigations complete necessary documentation.
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, and crew change to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained for 24 hour per day operations seven days per week.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain area of responsibility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure ESS’ contractual obligations are fulfilled for the project.
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests.
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms.
- Processes check outs and on leave rooms.
- Work closely with Housekeeping department with respect to rooms, reservations, forecast etc.
- Answer inquiries regarding accommodations, services and registrations by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints.
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems.
- Provide required reporting.
- Greets and welcome guests.
- Maintain room availability.
- Make and confirms reservations via telephone and in person.
- Collect and distribute messages for guests.
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard. Ensure good order and maintenance of all equipment by immediately reporting any deficiencies to maintenance.
- Assist ESS crews as needed to support the project, to include boosting morale of crew.
- Oversee and/or prepare client billings, as requested. Follow-up on collections as required.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Meet and greet clients, guests, and visitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Sign for and distribute mail and courier packages.
- Research, price, and purchase office furniture and supplies.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Receive and document reservations and check-outs.
- Maintain billeting records accurately and completely.
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and health &safety concerns.
- All other duties as assigned.
|Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality and customer service.
- Witten/Verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Good stress management skills required.
- Understanding of budget control and awareness of profit and loss concept.
- Computer skills (e.g. Microsoft word and excel).
- Working knowledge of all housing practices and procedures.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Listening and empathy skills.
- Membership in a recognized Housekeeping Association an asset.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.