Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Oversee the kitchen operations; will be leading 5+ kitchen staff
- Make sure catering orders are taken care of
- Some of the responsibilities includes all phases of large quantity of food preparation for daily meals, menu planning and development
- Operation planning, expenditures, budgeting, and costing
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
- Perform other duties as required
- 3+ years Chef with some leadership experience, and some background in fine dining
- Post-secondary education in culinary or related studies
- Have safety and quality assurance experience
- Red Seal designation, or equivalent (asset)
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to food service operation
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- This is in a high secured environment; selected candidate must have at least 2 pieces of valid government ID, and must be able to pass a background criminal check
- Great attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.