Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Cook / Kitchen Supervisor
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Cook / Kitchen Supervisor
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Martingrove and Rexdale area)
Hours / Days of Work 3:00pm to 11:00pm / Monday to Friday
Overview: We are actively searching for a Cook / Kitchen Supervisor candidates for a new unit located in Toronto, Ontario. This is a fantastic opportunity to step into a culinary leadership role with real potential for career growth ample room for further growth and continued development.
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, some menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Managing a team of 2 associates.
- Ensure positive client relationships are maintained and client satisfaction with service and menu options.
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest trends / cutting edge cooking.
- Follow all H & S policies and regulations as well as HACCP.
- Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 2+ years Chef Supervisory experience
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A motivator, coach, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- A Great Attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.