Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Location: Sudbury, ON - Cambian College
- We are looking for a motivated Chef to take a proactive role in directing our operations at Cambrian College in Sudbury, ON.
- Compass serves over 1500 meals a day to over 4000 students at this College.
- We also provide regular catering services for functions and events (on and off site)
- This role is a combination of hands-on production and preparation as well as management and administrative responsibilities
- The typical work shift is from Monday to Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm. You are required to work some weekends and evenings for college functions and events.
- This person must be flexible in summer months to work at a summer camp
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef is responsible to lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels handling all catering requests.
- Responsible production, hiring, employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- Ensure positive client relationships and satisfaction
- Manage approx. 15 associates
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will ensure HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Valid Ontario Driver Licence
- Formal culinary training plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related management experience in a fast-paced food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hard working, hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willing to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and associates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.