Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Sector Support Chef (Morrison, Retail)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Sector Support Chef - Morrison Retail
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- We are currently seeking a Sector Support Chef, for our Morrison sector retail food service operations.
- The successful candidate must have a strong passion and focus in developing new and innovative culinary programs.
- This position has a unique combination of administrative, culinary and training/support responsibilities which involves extensive interaction with chefs, managers and cooks at the unit level as well as internal, peer-level clients.
- Assist in the successful execution of all Retail Culinary initiatives within the Morrison sector to improve and maintain, customer satisfaction and financial performance.
- Develop and test new recipes, menu planning (sector & unit specific)
- Involved in hands-on training/coaching of unit Chefs and Cooks in all developed programs with a strong focus on Quality.
- Champion our internal programs and leverage your passion for culinary through promotional activities and training.
- Assist with all corporate initiatives including roll-outs of new programs and promotions
- Promote awareness of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and to support efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation to our clients.
- Support the Culinary team as well as Marketing, Purchasing and Quality Assurance departments to ensure that departmental and corporate standards in conjunction with their respective objectives are met.
As a support role, this position requires the ability to travel 50%+
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Red Seal Certification
- 3 to 5 years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience
- Proven background in menu planning & recipe development, food cost control and people management
- Understanding and experience with a variety of contemporary cooking techniques and trends
- Strong financial, budgetary and food control practices
- People-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and shift priorities as required
- Strong command of professional writing skills to prepare programs and promotional documentation
- Solid ability to communicate on various levels (verbal and written) including management, departmental, customer, client and Associate levels
- Strategic thinker with innovative mindset to explore and strive for new, progressive ideas
- Advanced fst® Certified
- Minimum 50%+ travel is required
- Degree or Diploma in Food Services Technology/Management or related studies in Culinary Arts
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.