Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Human Resources Manager - London
||Human Resources - Eurest Services
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Position: Human Resources Manager (Labour & Employee relations)
Location: London, ON
Are you a dynamic, hands-on labour and employee relations specialist with HR generalist management experience?
We have an Human Resources Manager (HRM) opportunity for a highly motivated and results-oriented individual to join our team, based in London, ON, providing support to our region’s managers in LR, ER, recruitment, training and development.
This position reports to the Director of HR located in Mississauga with dotted line report to the VP of Operations, Eurest Services.
Duties and outline:
With a 'Can-Do' attitude and a 'Passion for Excellence', the HRM provides support for facility support services accounts throughout Southwestern Ontario to achieve targeted goals and objectives.
Maintains and enhances the organization’s Human Resource program by implementing policies, programs and practices, provide leadership, coaching and development opportunities to direct report.
The four key components of this role:
Labour Relations (50% of time)
- Responsible to administer multiple Collective Agreements for multiple locations / facilities.
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with 4 (four) Union Locals and representatives.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as requested by the Union Locals.
- Contributor to the negotiation team of Eurest Services for all Collective Agreements.
- Responsible for supporting and advising all managers, supervisors, employees.
- Support LR Director on execution of CBA at site level. i.e. training sessions, focus groups, and conference calls.
- Act as a management representative for grievances for unionized sites.
- Attend and provide support to labour / management meetings.
- Provide advice to all levels of management on union / management issues including terminations, discipline and grievances.
Employee Relations (40% of time)
- Advise and assist Managers, Supervisors, employees on the interpretations and application of the employment legislations, employee rules and regulations and all other relevant employment issues.
- Provide timely and accurate counsel to Managers and Supervisors on employee issues / concerns.
- Advise, guide and counsel operational management on all employee relations matters. i.e. discipline, suspensions, terminations.
- Conduct regular HR site visits / HR audits of Tier 1 accounts for employee / client interaction and meetings.
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with the ESA, Human Rights, Ontario Labour Relations Act, and applicable Labour Code for Ontario.
- Work with HR Director on litigation and human rights complaints, investigating, representing Eurest Support Services.
- Conduct investigations of employee related complaints and issues i.e. discrimination, harassment, human rights, Ministry of Labour claims, unfair labour practices etc.
- Responsible for the supporting employee performance and attendance management process.
- Conflict resolution, dispute resolution for all staff for janitorial and facilities section of business.
Recruitment (5% of time)
- Coach / mentor the direct report on recruitment process. Work closely with Senior Managers on workforce needs. Recruiting and selection support for hourly positions when needed, i.e. job fairs, new start up accounts.
- Employment Contracts, Offer of Employment letters for salaried management. Maintain / discuss with VP Operations - compensation that is fair and equitable between positions throughout the organization.
- Conduct salaried exit interviews.
- Responsible for training and on boarding plan for newly recruited Managers
General Human Resources Administration (5% of time)
- Manage the Attendance Management process and guidelines including, Leave of Absence, medical leaves, layoffs, restructuring etc.
- Monthly reports as requested by VP, Operations, ISO requirements, stewardships, client requests.
- Misc. HR letters, i.e. letter of employment, union correspondence, layoffs, etc
- Responsible for all BILL 7 legislative requirements, going out to tender and bidding on new business
- Ad Hoc Human Resources projects as determined by business needs, assistance in sales, business development, account RFPs, active member of new start-up team.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A minimum of 5 years of Labour Relations working experience combined with 5+ years of HRM experience
- Passion in Labour Relations and Employee Relations
- Strong knowledge in Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Legislation, Collective Agreements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build good rapport with all levels of staff
- Hands-on approach to resolving issues and finding solutions
- Strong communication and follow up skills
- High level proficiency with computers (MS Office, HRIS etc.)
- CHRP designation
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management studies
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.