||Remote Camp - Food Service/Retail Coordinator
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Food Service/Retail Coordinator
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off
We are currently seeking a Retail / Special Services Coordinator to work at large business unit in Fort McMurray. Compass serves food to over 3000 patrons at this location, providing beverages, hot meals, sandwiches, pastries and sweets, carrying various brands names such as Tim Horton’s.
As a Food Service/Retail Coordinator, you will be involved in all phases of retail and café operations, including expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting. You will be accountable for marketing, staffing, scheduling, and client and customer relationship building. As well, you will collaborate with corporate Food Service, Retail Sales & Marketing and Purchasing department to focus on trending and launch of various products for your retail outlets. Ensuring strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations, you will coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office. Your
This role will be responsible for the oversight of commissary units within the site and off site cafes, overseeing between 10-15 staff at any given time, union workforce, reports in to the Food Service Manager, also responsible for the intake of catering orders, initial set up / planning of catering functions (in coordination with the Food Services Manager), follow up with the customer, and invoicing.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post-secondary education plus minimum 3 years related management experience in food and beverage in a multi-unit, multi-faceted environment or equivalent experience (preferably catering).
- Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Capable of thinking on your feet as well as multi-tasking
- Superior interpersonal skills with an ability to work with various remote clientele
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and decision making skills
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Extensive experience working within a health and safety work environment
- Strong Administrative skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.