Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Bilingual Technical Support Technician
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Systems Technology Group ensures IT Infrastructure and operating systems are functioning efficiently and effectively. From major system development and implementation to daily network administration and technical support, the STG team provides technical advice and support to over 2000 operating units and offices across Canada.
Technical Support Technician (Bilingual - French / Intermediate)
Location: London, Ontario
Overview: The Systems Technology Group is currently seeking for a Bilingual Technical Support Technician. This position is London based and is required to work on an eight hours shift schedule supporting Service Desk coverage from Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and be available to provide on-call support on a rotating basis. This position will report to the Service desk Supervisor.
The successful candidate will be accountable for providing support to issues relating telecommunications/networking, hardware, software, Point of Sale, printers, blackberry and other duties as assigned. The candidate is expected to record, track, and document the request/problem-solving process and actions taken, able to prioritize and execute tasks in a challenging work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing support to issues relating telecommunications/networking, hardware, software, Point of Sale, printers, blackberry and other duties as assigned
- Record, track and document the request/problem-solving process and what actions have taken place.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a challenging work environment.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Bilingual English and intermediate French
- Diploma in Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years experience working with:
ü LAN and WAN technology and concepts
ü Windows XP, 7
ü Office 2003, 2007, 2010
ü Active Directory
ü Exchange 2007 and Blackberry devices
ü Point of Sale systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and
- Readily adaptable to change work priorities
- Service Desk ticketing software
- Software Packaging and installation automation
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.