Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Culinary Director
Location: Mississauga, ON - University of Toronto Mississauga Campus (UTM)
- We are looking for a Culinary Director for the University of Toronto at Mississauga
- The Director position will directly oversee food production, menu creation, improve the overall food production/QA processes and decrease food cost by proactively addressing any quality issues
- You will develop new creative and exciting menu rotations; analyze the food production process from a food cost perspective to identify areas of improvement such as food purchasing, receiving, preparation, merchandizing etc.
- Action plans will be developed and proactively implemented. You will deliver training to staff on food production techniques, portioning.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
This role is suitable for an Executive Chef with strong management experience and a passion for improving food production processes.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Great Attitude!
- Red Seal
- Large quantity cooking experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years culinary management experience (food production)
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superb management and coaching skills
- Solid communication (verbal and written) skills
- Flexible work hours (including some weekends)
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and the Internet
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.