Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef Manager (8 mos contract)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Chef Manager (8 month contract)
Location: Ottawa, ON
- We have an immediate opportunity for a professional Chef Manager with strong, events/catering experience to join our progressive team on a contract-basis at the high-profile, Museum of Nature in Ottawa.
- This role is event-driven and requires evenings and weekends
- The Museum of Nature is Canada's leading natural sciences and natural history museum. The collections comprise of more than 10 million specimens, including dinosaur fossils, mammals, birds, plants and minerals from Canada and the world.
- More information about the Museum of Nature can be found here: http://nature.ca
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef Manager provides hands-on leadership and direction to our culinary team for this events-driven facility
- Responsible for managing the day to day food operations at the respective facility, as required.
- Handle all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Handle unit employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving labour relation issues.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health & Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Responsible for high-volume food production as well as fine dining menu for the cafe.
- Minimum of 3 years related management/supervision experience in a fast-paced food service environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Proven ability to lead, coach and mentor and culinary team, promoting a positive work environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good client relationship skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in using on-line reporting and menu-planning system
- Hands-on management style
- Red Seal Chef certification
- Knowledge of sustainable & local food products and organics
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.