Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Data Entry Clerk
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Data Entry Clerk (1 year Maternity Leave)
Location: PHSA (Provincial Health Services Authority)
Hours: 20 hours a week (flexible work hours)
Overview: Responsible for a wide range of data management regarding staff and systems operations within Patient Food Services. Maintains organized and regularly updated files. Communicates with other staff to ensure timely collection and appropriate dissemination of information. Is able to problem solve and take initiative in order to streamline and improve systems of data management.
- Gathers and processes employee (hourly and salaried associates) payroll data from Patient Food Services at PHSA, i.e. C&W, BCCA and Brock Fahrni locations.
- Ensures that food and product orders are placed weekly as per the order schedule to vendors.
- Enters weekly TRIM TRAX data.
- Ensures that the inventory is entered correctly on a weekly basis every Thursday.
- Inputs and processes purchasing and inventory information weekly for CIMS and Orbit.
- Ensures that all information for sales and costs are transferred on a weekly basis to the Weekly Operating Report (WOR) and Period Operating Report (POR).
- Ensures that the completed weekly entries for WOR/POR is delivered to the Director by 4pm every Friday.
- Prepares weekly paperwork package and arranges for weekly FedEx pick up.
- Enters Meal Ticket Audit Information daily.
- Enters Outpatient Ward Stock Information daily.
- Tallies the Production information and enters snack choices for the Eating Disorder program based on patient selections.
- Tallies the Production information and assembles tray tickets for Brock Fahrni.
- Performs other duties (eg. Meetings or special projects) as required.
- Takes initiative to improve record keeping and data management and supports Supervisors in keeping detailed and accurate records.
- Communicates with Compass human resources, Compass payroll and works with Supervisors to problem solve and address issues on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in orientation and training of new staff as required.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all PHSA and PHC emergency codes and his/her role in each emergency situation.
- Embraces the Compass Vision and Values and utilizes them as a foundation for daily performance.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Excellent computer skills required with emphasis on data management using Excel.
- Strong organizational skills are required as well as attention to detail.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Ability to work independently but to also interact and effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Can work as required to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Familiarized with collective agreements and regulations within a unionized work environment.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.