Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Office Administrator/Accounting Clerk
Location: Toronto, ON
- We have a full-time opportunity in an accounting support role at our food & beverage operating unit in downtown Toronto
- This position reports to the Unit Controller and works with other finance staff, supporting them in all accounting and finance duties as outlined below.
- Due to the nature of the business at this location, shift flexibility is required as is weekend availability.
- The Office Administrator/Accounting Clerk, prepares a variety of documents utilizing MS Office; sets up mail merges, creates spreadsheets, retrieves data, and creates queries and reports.
- Processing of purchase invoices and transfers
- Ensure timely submission of Sales and Purchasing figures
- Reporting (daily, weekly, period) of Sales & Purchasing figures using our online reporting tools (Orbit and CIMS)
- Prepare weekly/monthly financial reporting and forecasting.
- Assist with preparation of Periodic/Quarterly Financial Report.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports as required.
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports.
- Perform daily and monthly financial analysis of key performance indicators
- Manage Accounts Payable and ensure prompt and accurate processing.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage and process salary and hourly payroll including calculation of stat pay and processing of gratuities.
- Work with Operations to implement Inventory, Cash and Labour controls, as required.
- Liaise with O&B to ensure accurate invoicing of payroll and other charge backs, as required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or related studies
- Proven accounting experience and with solid analytical skills.
- Hard-working team player with a natural ability to multi-task amidst changing priorities
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven and results-oriented with ability to function well with in a team.
- Proficiency with computers (MS Office including Excel, Word and Outlook) etc.
- Able to work in a demanding, high-stress working environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the general public in a professional manner
- Detail Oriented
- Previous experience with contract services and/or Food & Beverage industry.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.