Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues in world-renowned museums in cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, Canada. We also cater to the unique sports and entertainment niche, operating in arenas servicing junior hockey across Canada, as well as other sporting facilities and auditoriums. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events. This diverse and dynamic sector is also proud to manage special events for the PGA and LPGA.
Position: Unit Manager/ Chef Manager
Location: Victoria, BC
- Assisting with the daily responsibility of unit operation
- Ensure strong client relationships and satisfactions are maintained
- Food cost and ordering; financial management
- Assist with marketing, staffing, and scheduling
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- You will coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
- Assisting with cooking when required
- Reporting to the District Manager you will supervise 12 to 15 associates
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3+ years food service management experience (front and back/kitchen)
- Proven people and financial management skills
- Ability to control product and labour costs
- Worked in a unionized environment (an asset)
- On your feet thinker
- Decision making skills
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Ability to multitask
- Well developed computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- Superior client relationship skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.