Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Environmental Services Supervisor
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: Environmental Services Supervisor
Location: Elim Village (Surrey, BC)
Overview: Currently we are looking for an Environmental Services Supervisor who will Report to the Director of Support Services. The Environmental Services Supervisor will work closely with housekeeping, laundry and maintenance staff to continually improve their work performance. The Supervisor will assess, implement, monitor and continually improve training, education, quality assurance, and health and safety tools for all environmental services staff in the Senior Services Portfolio.
- In conjunction with the Director of Support Services coordinate an annual training calendar at each site for all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- With the Director implement and conduct the training sessions.
- Sit on the Health and Safety Committee for the facility and take on a leadership role.
- Conduct weekly quality assurance audits in housekeeping and laundry and follow-up with the staff, including keeping the Director involved as needed.
- Review job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping and laundry to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Attend resident council and family council meetings if invited.
- In conjunction with the Director ensure the Compass Health and Safety program is in place, including but not limited to; trained first aiders, an active OH& S committee, H&S training and audits.
- Attend client meetings as applicable to the areas in housekeeping and laundry.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Support Service to ensure all Marquise staff are appropriately trained in and follow infection control programs.
- Deal with suppliers and vendors as it relates to housekeeping and laundry services provided by Marquise.
- Assist the Director with recruiting, hiring, firing and disciplining all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- In conjunction with the Director conduct performance appraisal on all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Participate in the budgeting process and the ongoing financial management of the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- In conjunction with the Direcotr ensure all Compass HR programs are in place and complete for housekeeping and laundry staff including but not limited to CHAT, Be-A-Star, HERO, Weekly Safety Minders, etc.
- Assist Director of Support Services to complete accident investigation forms and make recommendation ERTW programs for housekeeping and laundry staff when needed.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for housekeeping and laundry operations.
- Act of the main liaison with the Environmental Public Health officer and other regulatory bodies, as applicable and appropriate as it relates to environmental services.
- Participate in the completion of the Balanced Scorecard for the unit.
- Meet and check-in with the client on a regular basis and attend meetings as requested.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of two years Housekeeping Supervisory experience preferably in a hotel environment.
- Experience with managing multi-units and having a history of satisfactory performance in the position is necessary.
- Individual must possess good problem solving skills and confer with their supervisor on all unusual problems.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must be good general health.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computers proficiency, specifically with Windows.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience to work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity, and interest in people.
- Must be able to cope with the emotional and physical stress of the position.
- General understanding of the aging process; including Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.