Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: Category Analyst
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
You will strive for the successful achievement and completion of the purchasing team and CGC goals and objectives (initiatives) as per the established Key Performance Indicators and fiscal Business Plans.
The successful candidate will support the Category Development Mangers plans to meet CGC purchasing initiatives by:
- Providing analysis of proposals & recommendations
- Engaging in business communication and tactical negotiations with suppliers
- Price increase verification – provide updates on market conditions & complete cost models
- Administrative duties relating to contracts: Sch A SKU and pricing updates, ACD & CR forms, evergreen renewals, MO projects
- Maintaining and correcting errors in our data management system
- Invoicing support on a monthly basis to ensure all program value is captured
- Review, communicate and follow up on all product/service complaints from our operations regarding contracted supplier products
- SKU replacement implementation
- Identify opportunities of non-compliance and /or new projects
- Attend all meetings; take notes and follow up (action plans, if applicable)
- Responsible for small portfolio of suppliers
You will be responsible for ensuring all data and information is accurate and properly implemented.
You will be responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Sr. Category Development Manager.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- College Diploma or University degree (or related experience) in a related field
- 2-5 years experience in a similar purchasing role
- Excellent analytical skills and takes initiatives to solve problems
- Well-developed understanding of financial terms and formulas
- Able to conduct food cost analysis and trend analysis
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, balanced approach to handling stressful environment
- Willingness to apply new methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Database management
- Data management experience
- Foodservice background
- Web research experience
- Formal training in procurement
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.