Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Food Service Assistant Manager
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Food Service Assistant Manager
Location: Surrey, BC
To manage the day–to-day operation and problem-solving of a team of up to 12 associates. To meet the required service level components, standards and targets, to develop the team to ensure production and delivery targets are met. Liaise with client and suppliers. This is a hand’s on position in a production kitchen environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the delivery of quality product and service.
- Complete projects and special assignments, as assigned by management.
- Design the schedule, make changes when necessary and enforce adherence to the schedule. Change workloads as necessary to accommodate production volume.
- Training, coaching and feedback for the associates, when necessary.
- Assisting with the performance reviews of the team.
- Contribute to the hiring and selecting process of the front line.
- Communication and being a focal point of dissemination of information from management to team and vice versa.
- Work very closely with team members to solve problems. Offers solutions and suggestions for process improvement to management.
- Assist at other locations when required.
Effective organizational skills necessary to plan, organize, coordinate and direct the activities of the team.
Analytical ability to constantly evaluate task and personnel status; interpret demand and response times in accordance with production needs and personnel availability.
Mental ability to provide excellent judgment for problem solving and strong arithmetic skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact, motivate and communicate with a wide range of associates and correctional personnel in a professional manner.
Physical ability to withstand frequent to prolonged standing.
Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.