Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant Manager, Concessions
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant Manager, Concessions
Location: Toronto, ON (Ryerson)
- Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the two concession operations and a small retail cafe at Ryerson
- This position will require work on nights, weekends, and holidays following the game and event schedules
- Supervise concession employees with responsibility for hiring, training, discipline, terminations and performance reviews
- Supervise the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean-up
- Responsible for ordering from approved vendors/suppliers and scheduling associates
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Ensure customers are provided with exceptional service
- Work closely with Catering Manager
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3 years experience in a high-volume food service management position
- Experience managing concessions within a convention center or sports venue
- Passion for customer service excellence
- Detail-oriented and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team player with an emphasis on customer-service
- Strong supervisory skills and with proven ability to motivate, lead and coach staff
- Smart Serve certification
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations
- Flexible and willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends
- Advanced Food Safety Training
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.