Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Return to Work Coordinator
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Compass Group Canada continues to set high standards for food excellence as well as placing strong emphasis on health and safety awareness to all of our associates, customers and business partners. The Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Environment departments play an important role in the company to ensure these objectives are met. These departments continue to provide up-to-date training programs such as Health and Safety, Claims management and Return To Work but also WHMIS and First Aid/CRP training to our associates.
Position: Return to Work Coordinator (ESS Sector)
Location: Calgary, AB
Currently, we are seeking a Return To Work Coordinator interested in facilitating disability management and return to work for occupational injuries for our ESS sector at Compass Group Canada.
- Facilitate early and safe return to work programs in the province of Alberta and all other ESS claims within Canada.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining the Disability Management Program.
- Actively manage the cases including maintaining current file notes and contact with all parties involved in the rehabilitation process using the Parklane database.
- Ability to analyze and validate physical demands analyses, which are used to benchmark both active treatment programs and Early and Safe Return To Work (ESRTW) programs.
- Ensure that the organization’s ESRTW program is implemented within the provincial legislative requirements towards reducing the financial burden to the company.
- Liaise with Compass health care providers to ensure timely referrals as required and monitor the success of the program.
- Process provincial worker’s compensation Employer Reports in accordance with accident reports received and ensure on-going claims follow-up.
- Communicate as required with the applicable Workers’ Compensation Boards.
- Participate within the Health and Safety and Claims Management teams in improving departmental operations, results and customer support levels.
- Facilitate return to work meetings (conference calls) as required.
- Participate in written appeals as required.
- Provide claims management education and training through webinars or on-site training as required.
- Frequent travel to Fort McMurray.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Experience in interpreting information regarding medical restrictions and ensuring confidentiality with the ability to communicate this information, within legal bounds, in order that appropriate administrative decisions can be reached.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Health, Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in rehabilitation on case management including implementing and monitoring modified work programs.
- Experience in multi-provincial claims management and working knowledge of the applicable provincial legislation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Traveling required as needed - Valid Alberta driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Experience in remote business operations, in food services and/or facility management services.
- Familiarity with the Parklane system
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.