Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Supervisor, Patient Food Services (CSNM)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Supervisor, Patient Food Services (CSNM)
Location: Toronto, ON
- We are looking for a full time Supervisor, Patient Food Services to assist in delivering the best service and quality with our operations at an acute care location in Toronto.
- The Supervisor role requires flexible availability for weekdays and rotating weekends.
- Candidates must be current members of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers) and have proven Healthcare food services management experience.
- With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Supervisor ensures that superior quality and variety of food are delivered with a passion for customer service.
- The Supervisor assists in delivering best results and is involved in all aspects of the patient food services operations, including staffing, purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the department, establishing and maintaining standards of quality of services.
- Ensure the highest QA standards are maintained and in compliance with industry, company and legislative standards.
- Assist in management, coaching and development of the team, and implementing and managing performance improvement programs.
- Assist the Manager with all phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, procurement budgeting, costing and financial reporting.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of inventory and procurement for the patient food services department, ensuring purchased products meet specifications.
- Enhance service coordination and relationship building within the food service department and with other departments and clinical representatives through effective communication and solid interpersonal skills
- This position reports to the Food Service Manager onsite.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Current active membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Degree or Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management, Business Administration or Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Proven and progressive leadership experience in Healthcare food services (Acute or LTC)
- Strong understanding and proficiency in Computrition, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Previous experience in financial management of budgets, contracts and project costs
- Current with the latest innovative trends in patient food services
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, work with, and develop direct reports and front-line staff during times of change and shifting priorities.
- Previous leadership experience in a unionized environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Organizational ability to manage various workloads/schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve, make decisions, and resolve conflict.
- Previous experience with Computrition
- Proven experience in change management
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.