Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Assistant General Manager
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Assistant General Manager
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland
- Responsible for the hiring of full time and part time staff- This would include the posting of job ads, receipt and review of all resumes received, scheduling of screening interviews by phone, the scheduling of second interviews should they be required, the orientation of all new staff.
- Responsible for all follow up with employees responsible for the completion of accounting for orbit, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Assists floor supervisors when business needs dictate with supervising the work areas to ensure proper distribution of work duties, adequate staffing levels and prompt and efficient preparation of foods to meet menu requirements. Follow up with individual responsible for scheduling to ensure proper coverage based upon business needs.
- Responsible for all cash outs in the unit. Ensures that floor supervisors and associates are compliant with cash control policies as per Compass Group.
- Working in conjunction with the General and Kitchen Manager on proper menu planning within the unit when required.
- Direct and manage floor supervisors when required based on the needs of the business by holding them accountable to the fulfillment of their job description.
- Provide weekly and financial report concerns to the General Manager if needed.
- Report to General Manager any issues affecting the day to day operation of the unit.
- Reply promptly to any associate concerns that are brought to your attention. Follow up with General Manager on these concerns if necessary.
- Assist General Manager with conducting investigations and follow up on any complaints about the quality of food or services in the unit.
- Assist General Manager to ensure that all quality assurance and health safety matters are of top priority with all staff within the unit.
- Responsible for the following administrative duties:
- Maintaining attendance management program.
- When working the front of the house ensures that all showcase quality standards are maintained.
- Implementation of new or revised corporate policies.
- Completion of all documentation for WCB.
- Implementation and follow up of retail marketing promotions and/or programs.
- Follow up of Tim Horton’s promotions which include communication and implementation.
- 2+ years Assistant/Supervisor/Food Service Management experience.
- Comfortable running a high volume food service environment (with multiple retail brands in the facility).
- Have culinary background is an asset.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Great communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, and people skills; diplomatic.
- Proficient with computers skills (ex. MS Office).
- Great management skills (mentor, motivate, coach, leads by example).
- 40 hours per week 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (okay to stay late when required).
- Required to work one Saturday per month. Saturday to work will be determined with General Manager.
- Positive with a “can do attitude”.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.