Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Executive Sous Chef
Location: Toronto, ON
- This is a role where you are working closely with the Executive Chef in managing multiple (small to high volume) catering projects for our Gourmet Cuisine division
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, maintaining proper inventory levels
- Ensure catering food execution is flawless
- Develop positive client relationships and ensure overall client satisfaction with service and menu options are achieved
- Creativity with menus, knowledge of the newest trends / cutting edge cooking while following Healthy Eating Guidelines as specified
- Follow all H & S policies and regulations as well as HACCP
- Oversee staff in their stations and maintain cleanliness of all stations and kitchen areas
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace incident to the Food Service Director or designate
- 5+ years Chef experience, with strong catering background
- 3+ years leadership experience; will be managing 10-20 staff
- Great experience managing high volume catering projects; able to prepare large quantity of meals on a daily basis by yourself (when required)
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to menus and food service operations
- Passionate about quality and customer service
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends (when required)
- Able to travel within Canada
- Must have driver’s license and have access to vehicle for local travel
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.