Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Executive Chef, Catering & Events
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues such as the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, and concessions in sporting auditoriums and arenas. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events.
Position: Executive Chef, Catering & Events
Location: Chatham, Ontario (Chatham-Kent Convention Centre)
We are currently seeking a Executive Chef for our operations at the John D. Bradley (Chatham-Kent) Convention Centre.
- The successful candidate will oversee all of the food production within this fantastic new facility.
- Reporting to the General Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a new and dynamic banquet facility with great growth potential.
The Chatham-Kent John D. Bradley Convention Centre
) is the new and preferred option for conventions, conferences, tradeshows and special events in Southwestern Ontario. With rooms that can accommodate from 10 to 1800 people, you will enjoy the highest quality facilities for small and large groups. Whether your guest number is 8 or 1800, we can make your event tastefully simple or excitingly extravagant with our chef-inspired cuisine from snacks to dinner is all part of the package.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Executive Chef oversees all culinary/kitchen production as well as:
- Prepare or directly supervises the preparation of a wide variety of foods.
- Responsible for maintaining inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, and issuing supplies and equipment for food production.
- Oversight of food production and kitchen personnel. Share food knowledge with subordinates.
- Supervision of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning, and related production activities.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Make recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment, and other areas as appropriate. Active member of Health & Safety Committee.
- Assist and prepare reports, costs menus, makes schedules, and performs administrative duties as assigned.
- Consistently maintain standards of quality, cost, presentation, and flavour of foods
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- 5+ years related culinary supervisory experience in a fast-paced production-oriented environment
- Strong background in banquet and catering functions with high-volume production
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Basic supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Hard working, team-player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Proficiency with computers, MS Office (Word, Excel etc.) POS and online ordering systems
- Flexible working hours to accommodate event-driven business needs - this position requires evening and weekend availability
- Red Seal culinary certificate or equivalent
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.