Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Position: HR Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
- Compass Group Canada is seeking a dynamic and results oriented HR Business Partner to join our growing team in Calgary, Alberta.
- The HR Manager will be responsible for supporting our Business Dining and Higher Education sectors in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Ensure consistent and equitable administration of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations.
- Advise and assist managers, supervisors, employees on the interpretations and application of employment legislation, policies, rules and regulations; and all other relevant employment guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate counsel to Managers and Supervisors on employee issues / concerns.
- Advise, guide and counsel operational management on all employee relations matters. I.e. discipline, suspensions, terminations.
- Ensure operations are in compliance with Employment Standards, Human Rights, and Labour Relations legislation.
- Assist with employment related litigation and human rights complaints.
- Conduct all investigations of employee related complaints and issues- i.e. discrimination, harassment, human rights, Employment Standards claims.
- Provide advice to managers on employee performance and attendance management.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements such as provincial employment standards, common law and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. In collaboration with the Director HR, ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance .
- Coach and counsel management with interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and manages internal investigations on matters of workplace harassment, alleged unfair treatment etc.
- Liaise with other HR departments (i.e. Recruiting, Compensation/Total Rewards, Labour Relations) to provide service to operations.
- Provides general information on group benefit programs.
- In collaboration with the Workers Compensation management team, assist with Return-to-work (RTW) process for occupational and non-occupational cases. Facilitate placement in accordance with medically supported accommodation requirements.
- Flexibility to travel 20% (by car and plane)
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum of 5+ years of HR generalist experience.
- University Degree and a Degree/Diploma in Human Resources Management studies.
- Strong customer service and business partner orientation.
- Experience/exposure to Labour Relations.
- Strong knowledge in Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Legislation, Collective Agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to ensure responsiveness with clients and maintain good rapport with all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Travel required 20% (by car and plane) - Need valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.