Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||New Brunswick [NB]
||Executive Chef (Fluent in French)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Position: Executive Chef (Fluent in French)
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
We are currently seeking an Executive Chef who is fluent in French (written and verbal) with a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the culinary team. You are responsible for the kitchen operations in this university that includes all phases of large quantity of food preparation for daily meals, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
In addition, you will handle all catering requests and are accountable for staffing, scheduling, training and performing general administrative duties. You will ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide. The successful candidate will make certain that the operations are in strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHIMS regulations.
- Oversee the kitchen operations in this college and responsible for the financial success of the busy kitchen operations
- Involved in all phases of food preparation, menu planning, development and cost controls
- Carry out food purchases and maintain proper inventory levels
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and performing general administrative duties
- Ensure good client relationships are maintained and that the client is satisfied with the service and menu options we provide
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office
Qualifications: (Please only apply if you meet all required qualifications)
- Must be fluent in French (written and verbal)
- Minimum of 3 years related food service management experience preferable in a College or University environment
- Post secondary education in culinary or related studies
- Red Seal designation, or equivalent (asset)
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current food trends and presentations to food service operation
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel
- International style cooking experience (ex. South Africa, Asia, Caribbean...)
- Experience working in Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Related food service management experience in a large College, University or similar environment would be an asset
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.