Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Baker - SAIT
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Location: SAIT Campus, NW Calgary
Overview: This is a permanent full time employment working 8 hours a day depending on shift schedule may work on weekends and start at 6:00 am. For the summer season, working hours will be reduced to 32 hour per week.
- Bake using conventional oven and microwave oven
- Maintain and stock baking/finishing area
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Monitor fridge and freezer product inventory and submits order quantities
- Prepare all products as required, minimizing food waste through the production of smaller quantities of food more often throughout the day
- Record prepared items and waste on the production sheet
- Receive and respond to showcase and product needs from the Restaurant Front
- Assist in serving guests in the Restaurant Front when necessary
- Regularly takes temperatures of the required products, fridges and freezers and records information in the Time & Temperature Log
- Follow all Operations standards and guidelines for preparation of products and operation of equipment according to training and operational materials provided
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3 years working experience
- Must be able to clear a criminal records check
- Able to work alone and in a team environment
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Well organized, demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Able to communicate with co-workers and the management team
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.