Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Systems Technology Group ensures IT Infrastructure and operating systems are functioning efficiently and effectively. From major system development and implementation to daily network administration and technical support, the STG team provides technical advice and support to over 2000 operating units and offices across Canada.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Reports to: Director of IT Strategy and Business Systems
Overview: The Enterprise Architect will translate business strategy into an executable technology strategy. This role will have specialization within the function, such as information/data, business and technical to effectively design ready applications and solutions in support of business partners. An effective enterprise architecture program is critical to ensuring the IT standards exist to effectively support the current and future business needs of Compass Group Canada. This position provides guidance on the definition and implementation of an enterprise technology architecture program within Compass Group Canada’s Systems Technology Group. The individual will have experience in enterprise technology architecture responsibilities and is experienced in defining, implementing and executing IT enterprise architecture principles and practices which supports business strategy.
- Develop enterprise-wide technology standards & publish enterprise architecture
- Coordinate and formulate the IT strategy through interaction with all information technology functions and all affected business units
- Define and continue to update the architectural model and standards across all company architectural domains
- Preserve current state and future state architectural models, keeping them up-to-date and relevant for active technology portfolio management
- Define enterprise architecture strategy and standards
- Provide mentorship to developers to lift skills around accelerated delivery of new capabilities
- Stay current of new technology developments and examine opportunities to apply the new technology advancements where appropriate
- Translate business strategy into technology strategy and maintain currency of Enterprise Architecture models
- Continue to develop understanding of the business and successfully translate to the business technology concepts/capabilities
- Partner with the business to ensure solution supports business in the immediate and future needs
- Analysis of the current IT environment to detect gaps and recommend solutions for improvements
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- ITIL (e.g. ITIL V3 framework and process)
- IT Strategy
- IT Governance
- Service Oriented Architecture design techniques
- IT strategic planning and new solutions development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to promote understanding and cooperation within and between organizations in a complex business environment
- Ability to get alignment at Senior Management level and influencing others without direct authority
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and independently diagnose issues and come up with recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ability to manage transformation program budgets and timelines.
- Ability to provide strategic roadmap recommendations to executives at the VP level
- Ability to filter large amounts of information and summarize into concise format for various audiences
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution and influencing skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to deal with ambiguity; creative and lateral thinker
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Undergraduate university degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as an Enterprise Architect
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.