Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
We are seeking a Chef Manager who will direct both front and back end operations of the unit. You will also be responsible for the unit's overall success which includes meeting budgets, enforcing QA standards, providing and maintaining excellent client and customer relationship and leading a team of 8-10 associates. This position reports directly to the Food Service Director.
- You will drive the financial success of the unit's operation.
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Recruit, hire, schedule and perform general administrative duties.
- Ensure excellent client relationships and client satisfaction with the service and menu options.
- Achieve compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3+ years related food service management experience
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader with management skills
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player
- Outstanding client relationship skills
- A Good understanding of financials (budgeting, forecasting and administration)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.