Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Cook Supervisor - Edmonton Remand Centre
||Edmonton Remand Centre
||Full Time/Plein temps
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 23,000 associates and $1.4 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Cook Supervisor
Location: Edmonton Remand Centre
Overview: We are currently hiring for a Full Time Cook Supervisor for the Edmonton Remand Centre
- Plans cooking schedule and prepare meals, including modified diet items and texture modification.
- Adheres to menu specifications and standardized recipes, assembling ingredients for the quantities required.
- Place or assists placing orders with authorized suppliers to ensure that items are available to meet the facility needs
- Receives and checks supplies.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices are adhered to in accordance with company and facility policies, ensures that all food is served in the right condition, at the right temperature and at the right time.
- May provide work direction to general help staff and Inmates as required.
- Complete and record Quality assurance Audits as assigned.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- 3 years cooking experience in a fast paced institutional kitchen environment
- Able to cook for 300+ people per day
- Clean criminal background
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule which includes: nights, weekends and holidays
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.