Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Driver
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Driver
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off; lodging and food accommodations provided and a travel allowance
Drive a variety of company vehicles on site and to and from town. Duties include driving associates to and from camp to town and various in town duties. Perform various shuttle duties, customer service, pickups from various locations and in town assignments. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance.
- Complete work and safety training requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all ESS and Compass Group operations policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain area of responsibility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform weekly cleaning of all vehicles.
- Ensure ESS’ contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Greets and welcome passengers, ensure exceptional customer service is provided to all passengers.
- Compile various reports including daily vehicle inspections and weekly vehicle inspections.
- Continually review services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Ensure good order and general vehicle maintenance by immediately reporting any deficiencies to management.
- Ability to interact with co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards and company inventory and property control procedures.
- Sign for and distribute courier and mail packages.
- Perform all duties in the safest possible manner and report all incidents and health and safety concerns to Manager or HSEQ.
- Train new associates in the duties required of said position.
- Maintain/prepare inventory of supplies needed to perform required tasks.
- Provide safe transportation to and from town for associates.
- Assist various departments upon request.
- Daily pick up of mail, newspapers, parcels and other special deliveries in town.
- Daily pick up and drop off of interoffice courier and parcels at DHL/Purolator and or at other sites.
- Weekly pick up for retail department orders i.e. liquor, magazines etc.
- Other driver tasks as requested by management
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Three to six months related experience in a shuttle driver or customer service environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with fleet vehicle driving an asset.
- Valid driver’s license. (May require a certain license class) with a clean driving record.
- Other possible certifications as required.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.