Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||General Manager (Healthcare)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: General Manager (Healthcare)
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
The General Manager leads a team of sites managers, overseeing multiple services (patient food services, retail dining operations, portering and environmental services). Responsible for the efficient operation of the multi-unit account, including operations management, financial management, client relations, and human resources, OH&S, quality assurance and infection control
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the account.
- Manages the operation in compliance with established company policies and procedures, under the RVP’s guidance.
- Performs operational audits of units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance, operational productivity, and to ensure conformance with government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes regarding safe work, infection control, food storage/ preparation/ sanitation/ record keeping.
- Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfactory solutions.
- Makes proper use of customer and patient satisfaction surveys.
- Continually inspects premises, common areas, and food service areas, for cleanliness and appearance.
- Continually reviews services with the object of reducing cost and increasing profitability without loss of standard.
- Manages subcontractors, working with CGC resources to draft contract agreements, and ensure compliance with the agreement.
- Ensures manager and associate compliance with all Compass Group operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures development of realistic and accurate forecasts at the unit level and develops realistic and accurate forecasts.
- Ensures that each unit's financial performance meets or exceeds CGC and client forecasts.
- Prepares annual budget for approval and participates in budget review.
- Works to close financial variance gap between budget and forecasts where appropriate
- Establishes and maintains excellent client communications and relations
- Attends contractual meetings with client
- Negotiates change-orders with client as requests are made for services outside the commercial contract Scope of Work.
- Oversees client billings, as requested. Follow-up on collections as required.
Quality Assurance/ Human Resources/ Health, Safety & Environment
- Manage subordinate managers who manage supervisors of hourly associates in the retail and patient food services and housekeeping departments.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with CGC's policies, procedures and applicable laws: hiring and training managers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewards and recognition; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Attends Labour Management Committee and works with Union and CGC HR and LR team to resolve grievances and workplace issues.
- Ensures the safety of associates and clients, and of corporate and client assets.
- Ensures proper work and safety training of associates.
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective associate relations.
- Ensures all occupational health and safety, infection control, and quality assurance issues are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Ensures OH&S accident investigations are completed with necessary documentation.
- Initiates safety inspections, training, and any necessary reports.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Proven skill, experience and ability in the above noted areas. Usually obtained from five to ten years related experience and education
- Bachelor’s or an advanced degree from a recognized university with a major Nutrition or Food Service Administration or Business Administration or Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Successful completion of a Dietitians of Canada approved dietetic internship program.
- Minimum 5 years progressive related experience and a minimum of 2 years in a senior food service management role in a healthcare setting.
- Member of CDO & DC or other related professional organization
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.