Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Registered Dietitian (Manitoba)
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Registered Dietitian (contract)
Reports to: Marquise Quality Assurance Dietitian
Interfaces with: Regional Director, Account Manager and Staff
Hours: 28 hours monthly
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
A Registered Dietitian who is a member of the College of Dietitians of Manitoba shall direct the nutritional care function of the Food and Nutrition Services department.
The Dietitian shall assist the Marquise Manager to ensure effective overall functioning of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
- Plan for and ensure the nutritional well-being of the residents.
- Approve the menu, assist in development of recipes, and implement food production controls.
- Visit and counsel all residents and identify residents at nutritional risk.
- Complete nutritional assessments and nutritional care plans for all residents. Identify residents at nutritional risk and prioritize accordingly.
- Plan and monitor therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions and supplemental feedings to meet the specialized needs of residents. Maintain summary of visits and nutritional assessments/reviews.
- Should the physician require a therapeutic diet that is not on the current list of approved diets for the facility, and therefore for which corporate menus are not prepared, write cycle menus that meet the specifications of the diet ordered as well as the accepted menu procedures of the Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Monitor resident satisfaction with Food and Nutrition Services and respond to needs that may arise.
- Assist the Food Service Manager to ensure compliance with all legislation such pertinent to the management of the kitchen.
- Participate in development of departmental policies and assist to ensure that all policies and especially policies concerning food service sanitation and hygiene are followed.
- Assist with development and ongoing implementation and maintenance of efficient, effective systems in Food and Nutrition Services.
- Assist with ensuring the production and service of attractive, nutritious meals for residents.
- Advise on required changes, including equipment in Food and Nutrition Services.
- Provide input to employee performance appraisals.
- Participate in and make recommendations at interdisciplinary care conferences or provide verbal or written input or delegate attendance to Food Service Supervisor.
- Complete required audits as outlined in the “Summary of Required Nutrition and Food Service Audit”.
- Act as advisor to the Food Service Manager.
- Provides additional services in addition to the time allotted for clinical nutrition care issues which may include but are not limited to: consultative services on meal service delivery, provision of in-service to staff and participation on various committees. Additional time requested will be negotiated with the facility Site Manager / or designate at an agreed rate of fee for service between the Contractor/Facility.
- Prepare monthly reports detailing clinical activities and submit to Administrator and Quality Assurance Dietitian.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Current Professional Registration with the College of Dietitians of Winnipeg, servicing two facilities in the Interlake Region Health Authority
- Sound knowledge of geriatric nutrition care in the long-term care setting
- A thorough knowledge of government legislation in the areas of long term care.
- A thorough knowledge of food service methods, materials and equipment used in quantity food preparation and serving.
- A sound knowledge of Food Service sanitary and safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff effectively.
- A general knowledge of government legislation in labour, health and safety, employment and human rights.
- An ability to work within budget guidelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.