Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Remote Camp - Recreation/Fitness Coordinator
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Recreation/Fitness Coordinator
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
Job Rotation: 20 days on, 8 days off with food/accommodations provided plus a travel allowance.
Provide recreation programming and events for camp residents. Duties include providing fitness, sporting, and recreation and entertainment activities. General clerical, receptionist and project based work is also required. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Create, plan and organize recreation and fitness events
- Create monthly recreation calendar
- Execute all recreations events on the monthly calendar
- Make sure proper equipment is available and in place for events
- Ensure location of events is established properly publicized
- Design and teach fitness classes and activities to all residents
- Organize and execute sporting activities for all residents
- Provide recreation and entertainment activities such as poker tournaments, karaoke nights and pool tournaments for all residents
- Plan and promote special events and theme nights such as Halloween, Christmas parties, Superbowl, St. Patty’s day etc.
- Maintain fitness equipment and facilitate repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Confirm paperwork is prepared accurately and timely in accordance with operations manual, client, and corporate requests.
- Promote recreation events with posters, newsletters, white boards and conversations with residents
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Possess a diploma or higher education in recreation programming studies and a fitness certification
- 2 to 3 years experience in coordinating recreation and sports/fitness programs and activities
- Well-rounded individual with a strong passion in organizing and facilitating recreation activities to people
- Experience working in a camp setting would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.