Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Eurest serves the Business & Industry Dining markets that include employee dining centres, on site catering, executive dining rooms, resident vending and other managed services. Eurest provides services to prestigious establishments that include IBM, Ford Canada, RBC, Bombardier and the Government of Canada.
Position: Catering Manager
Location: Prince George, BC
Overview: We are currently seeking a Catering Manager to successfully manage the catering function in one of our business corporate accounts located at the University of Northern British Columbia. Compass serves gourmet food to several hundred employees in this location with hot meals, sandwiches, pastries, sweets and beverages in our restaurants.
- Accountable for all booking, coordinating and following-up on all catering events
- Responsible for managing multiple catering projects for multiple units within the same vicinity
- Provide menu suggestions and pricing to clients
- Ensure specifications and requests of each catering event or function are communicated and executed effectively
- Responsible for the training, overseeing and scheduling of catering staff
- Ascertain good client relationship and visitor satisfaction are maintained
- Collaborate with the Food Service Director and Chef in menu costing; involve in sales contract reviews; ensuring invoices are inputted correctly and reconciled if required
- Support the Operations Manager with administrative projects when required
- Work closely with Management team to come up with ideas to maintain and grow the business; build strong relationships with internal and external contacts, especially clients
- Assist in managing up to 30 staff members in a unionized environment
- Perform other duties as required
- 2+ years related catering experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Great financial management skills; great with numbers
- Food Safe and Serving It Right
- Strong people and customer service skills; great at relationship building
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Great computer skills (ex. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel)
- Has worked in a unionized environment (an asset)
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader
- Can accommodate flexible work schedule
- Great attitude!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.