Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Operations Centre Agent
||Marquise Hospitality [Senior's Living & Retirement]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
The Marquise Group Division of Compass Group Canada specializes in facilities and property management, hospitality services, and customer service. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 100 different locations across Western Canada providing services to airports, commercial buildings, educational facilities, retail centres and healthcare industry.
Position: Operations Centre Agent (PT & FT)
Location: Vancouver, BC (YVR) Vancouver International Airport
Reports to: Reports to Customer Care Manager and OCA Supervisor.
Overview: The Operations Centre Agent plays a key role in supporting the daily operations of YVR on a 24-hour per day basis. The OCA is responsible for all ‘day of’ operations issues, gathering and researching information, maintaining a computerized log of incidents, and dispatching response personnel as defined in the standard operating procedures. The OCAs will work in tandem with all YVR management and stakeholders, Marquise Concierge and other Marquise Supervisors to ensure the successful operation of YVR. This position requires weekend, weekday and overnight shifts, and as such, flexibility is a must.
- Respond to inbound calls (phone, radio and email) for a variety of airport tenants, customers and agencies.
- Act as the initial contact for a variety of agencies such as BC Ambulance, Richmond Fire and RCMP.
- Record call detail and taking appropriate action such as dispatching necessary resources escalating to Operations Management or as instructed by on-duty Operations Manager.
- Provide outstanding customer service to airport tenants and the customers.
- Communication, both in writing and verbally, is a critical function of this role, ensuring all incidents are dealt with in a timely manner, and that the appropriate personnel or agencies are dispatched.
- Monitor critical alarm systems, including the fire and general alarm systems.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all incidents.
- Support Operations Management (terminal, airside and groundside) as directed by on-duty staff during irregular operating events.
- Additional duties as required.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Those applicants with a minimum two (2) years experience in aviation, airport operations or complex operations center experience will be strongly considered for the role;
- Proven ability and experience working with computer systems and have a comprehensive working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs;
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to type at a minimum of 50 WPM.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an excellent command of the English language.
- Must have the ability to acquire and maintain RAIC (Airport Security) clearance.
- Must be able to apply and maintain additional level of security clearances required by CBSA.
- Additional languages spoken
- Proficiency with aeronautical radio communications
- Possess or working towards a Diploma or Certificate in Airport Operations or a Certificate in Public Safety Communications
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.