Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Maple Leaf Lounge (Ottawa)
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2013. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2013.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Leisure & Entertainment is well established in world-class facilities, well-known cultural venues and prime public attractions. We operate fine restaurants in prestigious cultural venues in world-renowned museums in cities such as Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, Canada. We also cater to the unique sports and entertainment niche, operating in arenas servicing junior hockey across Canada, as well as other sporting facilities and auditoriums. We also support seasonal outdoor venues and special events, such as professional golf and tennis tournaments and other major sporting events. This diverse and dynamic sector is also proud to manage special events for the PGA and LPGA.
Position: Manager, Maple Leaf Lounge YOW (Ottawa)
Location: Ottawa, ON
We're looking for an F&B Manager with experience in the hospitality service industry and excellent customer service skills to join our team at the Air Canada, Maple Leaf Lounge in the Ottawa airport.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Maple Leaf Lounge Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the lounge with an emphasis on optimum Customer Service.
The Manager will supervise, direct and co-ordinate the activities of the team who prepare, serve food/alcohol, as well as clean/maintain the operation in addition to some, or all of the following duties:
- Assure quality, courteous service is provided to all customers
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures as required
- Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
- Ensure that the Business center is clean and set according to Air Canada standards
- Audits the print/media selection for compliance
- Reviews all computers, screens, televisions daily to ensure proper working order
- Perform component orientation of new staff
- Ensure that job instructions are clearly understood so that tasks are properly completed in a timely manner and according to customer
- Develop and maintain staff job routines
- Responsible for scheduling staff
- Ensure staff adherence to Compass Group Canada policies and procedures
- Handle any disciplinary action that is necessary by following the Compass Group Canada Disciplinary/Documentation Procedure
- Oversee Food Safety and Physical Safety regulations and requirements
- Perform Monthly training with staff – always to include Food Safety, Physical Safety and Positive Customer Service Training
- Ensure all proper reports are completed for incidents/accidents in a timely manner
- Responsible for component opening and closing as per established standards
- Audits level of service to ensure consistency of service and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Ensure daily temperature logs are kept on fridges and freezers
- Order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation in accordance to projected volumes as required
- Perform weekly inventory
- Ensure cleanliness of operation at all times; as per established standards
- Monitor all costs relating to operations; food, labour, alcohol
- Liaise with client as required
- Perform other duties required by management
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Related hotel/restaurant hospitality experience
- 3+ years F&B management experience
- Outstanding client relationship skills and a passion for customer service & satisfaction
- Good knowledge of food and current trendy food items and presentations to food service operations
- Strong motivator, mentor and leader with management skills
- Detail-oriented individual and a strong team player
- Good understanding of financials (budgeting, forecasting and administration)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid Computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), POS etc.
- Enjoy a challenge!
- Hands on culinary/cooking experience
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly, which includes accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance (HSEQ) is a guiding principle in all decisions we make. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.