Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Chef Manager (Kitchen Production)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
||Position: Chef Manager (Kitchen Production)
Location: Toronto, ON
- We are looking for a results-oriented Chef Manager to take a proactive, hands-on role in managing high-volume, back of house production with our Retail Food Service operations at North York General Hospital.
- The Chef Manager role is a combination of hands-on management in production and food preparation for all retail outlets, as well as some administrative responsibilities.
- This position reports to the Retail Manager and is responsible for back-of-house staff.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Chef Manager is responsible to:
- The operation runs 7 days per week
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Formal culinary training plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years related management experience
- Demonstrated, effective management experience in a large-volume, fast-paced branded food service environment
- Strong supervisory skills, capable of motivating, leading and developing associates
- Proven production management skills in order to coordinate the multiple brand production requirements
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities
- Sound knowledge of financial management including ability to control food and labour costs
- Creative ability to apply current QSR food items and presentations to food service operations
- Hard working, results-oriented & hands-on team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule (evening and weekend work may be required)
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Red Seal Chef Certificate or equivalent is preferred
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.