Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Food Service Manager, LTC (CSNM)
||Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Marquise Hospitality specializes in food, nutrition and dining services to the senior living markets offering numerous nutritional and quality food choices to patients and residents. Marquise's key expertise running retirement and long-term care culinary programs, enables its healthcare partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction.
Position: Food Service Manager, LTC (CSNM)
Location: Toronto / GTA
- We are currently looking for a dynamic Food Service Manager (FSM) to manage the dietary operation in a 150 bed, Long Term Care facility in the GTA.
- As the key link between our client who runs the facility and the residents, the FSM establishes and maintains high standards of quality of Care and Service to the residents as per the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care of Ontario.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence” the FSM,
- Ensures that Food Production, Sanitation, Safety and Service are carried out in accordance with the established policies, procedures and provisions.
- Working closely with our client, they are actively involved in the Planning, Organization, Instruction/Training and Supervision of Dietary Department's activities.
- As well, the Food Service Manager is responsible for monitoring the therapeutic nourishment for each resident, developing, implementing and adjusting the regionalized menu to meet the preferences of the residents.
- This position reports to the District Manager, and has unionized associates as direct reports.
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Current active member of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Management)
- Food and Nutrition Management Diploma from an approved Community College and/or University degree in Food Service and Nutrition
- Solid customers and clients relationship skills
- Proven management, leadership and coaching skills
- 3+ years management experience in Long Term Care and familiar with the Ontario MOHLTC compliance requirements
- Experience dealing with Labour Relations issues in a unionized environment
- Previous change-management experience.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills (oral and written)
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office etc) in addition to dietary software.
- Food Handler's certificate (or equivalent)
- Hands-on culinary experience
- AFST (Advanced Food Safety Training)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.