Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply and your application will be submitted. If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Remote Camp - Food Services Coordinator
||ESS [Remote Sites & Offshore]
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 21,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.5 billion in 2012. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £16.9 billion in 2012.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
ESS Support Services provides high volume food and support services to remote locations that include offshore oil rigs, coastal logging camps, large projects in the Alberta Oil Sands, and summer Cadet camps in the Yukon.
Position: Remote Camp - Food Services Coordinator
Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Daily control of labor and food spend costs
- Oversee meal services at multiple camps in the absence of Food service manager.
- Be a presence in the dining room and interact with guest to receive feed back
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information
- Work directly with the Chef’s to implement strategies and policies of the Lodge Manager
- Continually review services with the object of reducing costs, increasing profitability and efficiency, without loss of standard
- Do quality checks on the daily mealtimes in terms of palatability of food for residents.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality & service
- Perform Kitchen and dining room walk inspections to ensure cleanliness & health and safety compliance
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Control inventory counts and data processing
- scheduling staff hours in accordance with occupancy forecast on the DCR
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding the kitchen
- Ensure standards for personnel performance and customer service are maintained
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and Safety
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, assist in hiring new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies as directed by Lodge Manager
- Assist with spot inspections of camps to ensure product is consistent and equal at all locations
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal
- Provide cover for other Lodge Food Coordinators during their rotational time off.
- Help establish and enforce nutritional standards for our kitchen
- Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Minimum 2 years food service experience either in front or back of house
- Minimum 2 years of staff supervision experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Excellent conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skills in budget control and cost savings
- Adapt to a fast pace environment and extended hours
- Strong eye for detail and organization
- Professional demeanour
- Diploma in hospitality/tourism
- Experience working with a union workforce
- Proven ability to adapt to diverse environments
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.